ParaTools v1.10 available for download
The latest update to ParaTools, version 1.10, has been released. This version has some major changes:
- Module renaming: The ParaTools modules have been renamed to Biblio::Citation::Parser and Biblio::Document::Parser. This is to allow for the addition of ParaTools to CPAN, the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network.
- Two new modules have been added - Biblio::Citation::Parser::Citebase and Biblio::Document::Parser::Brody. Both written by Tim Brody, the former is based on the Citebase citation parser, and the latter on its document parser.
- The ParaTools build process now uses Module::Build, a replacement for ExtUtils::MakeMaker that is written in pure Perl. This is a fairly new system, so may require that you install the Module::Build module. The automated CPAN installer does not yet support this, although CPANPLUS does, and the next version will include a fallback option.
You can download the ParaTools modules from CPAN:
ParaTools v1.00 available for download
27/01/2003 (Updated 29/01/2003)
The first release of the ParaCite Toolkit (ParaTools) is now available for download.
Created at Southampton University as an offshoot of the OpCit and EPrints projects, ParaTools is a set of Perl modules for the handling of references. It includes:
- Reference parsing modules and templates
- Document parsing modules (Experimental)
- OpenURL creation/processing routines
- Parsing examples
- Web Service examples
You can download the ParaTools module, and the modules required for ParaTools to work, here.